Homemade chocolates are something which we all love isn't it... so much more near and dear! Frankly, I'm not a very big fan of cocoa products. Yet, I just love this variety of chocolate which my mother makes.
Its quite easy with simple ingredients. But I can guarantee you that your taste buds would surrender to its taste! It just melts in your mouth and just like that famous ad-line, you cant stop with one!
As a sweet ode to my mother, I'd like to name it "Mommade Chocolates"!!
Here it goes:
Milk-1 litre(preferably whole milk or any available rich milk)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder-1 cup(any brand would do - Hersheys, Nesquick, Bournvita, Boost)
1. Mix all the above ingredients in a large thick bottomed vessel and set on medium flame.
2. Keep stirring to avoid lumps or sticking at the bottom of the vessel.
3. Arrive at a string like consistency wherein if you take a small qty of the mixture, allow it to cool and roll into a small ball, it should not stick to your hands (this would approximately take 45 min to 1 hr)
4. In the meanwhile, grease a tray with some butter or ghee. Pour the mixture into the tray and allow it to cool.
5. When it has cooled down just enough and hasn't hardened yet, slowly make cuts in it using a knife, into whatever shape and size you desire.
6. The chocolates can be eaten plain as is. In case you are nuts about nuts, you could simply press an almond or cashew into it when it is still soft. Sprinkle some pecan or pistachio pieces if you please, over the mixture while allowing it to cool.
There we go! Stuffed chocolates or nutty chocolates :)
7. When it has cooled, cut out the pieces and refrigerate it in an air tight container. If you have kids or chocoholics at home, there just might not be the need to do this!
9. If you are not able to arrive at the right consistency of mixture and feel its in a clay-like consistency even after cooling down, simply make small balls and press it flat with an almond or pista at its centre. The look and taste would still be saved to be enjoyed!