Have a bunch of methi leaves at home and wondering what to do??
Here's a very simple recipe i came across in showmethecurry.com and would like to share it:
Methi leaves-2 bunches
Any long grain white rice-2 Cups
Tomato-1 medium size chopped
Green chillies-4 nos. or depending on spice levels
Red Chilly Pwdr-1 Tsp
Turmeric Pwdr-1 Tsp
Garam Masala Pwdr-1/2 Tsp
Cumin coriander Pwdr-1 Tsp
Salt to taste
1. Chop the roots and the thick stems off the bunch of Fenugreek Leaves.
2. Wash well and finely chop the rest.
3. Sprinkle a generous amount of Salt on the leaves, mix and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash the Rice well and soak in some Water and keep aside for 20 minutes.
5.In a pan (that has a tight fitting lid) or a rice cooker, heat Oil on medium heat.
6. Once the Oil is hot, add in the Cumin Seeds and allow them to change color.
7. Add in Green Chillies,Tomatoes and Turmeric Powder.
8. Squeeze out the water from the Fenugreek Leaves and put them in the pan.
9. Add in Cumin-Coriander Powder, Red Chili Powder and Garam Masala Powder.
10. Cook for a couple of minutes.
11. Drain the water from the Rice and add the Rice to the Methi Leaves.
12. Cook for 2 minutes.
13. Add the Water and mix well.
14. Check on the Salt, add in needed.
15. Increase the heat, and allow the Rice to cook till most of the Water has evaporated and you can see the Rice come up to the surface.
16. Mix, lower heat, preferably to simmer and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
17. After 15 minutes, open cover, turn off the heat, mix/fluff gently.
18. Cover and allow the Rice to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
19. Serve hot with Raita and Chips.